Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Veggies and Hair

Ok, I'm not trying to be a copy cat but Scarlett has some pretty darn good ideas. After she posted her picture of what she got from her produce club I had to go get me some. I had considered joining before but was not sure if it was really worth the drive and the cost. I was never really sure how much I would get in my basket of stuff. So after seeing the picture on Scarlett's blog of her basket and all it's goodies, and the fact that I just started WW (just like Scarlett) it would be good to have good, nutritious, low point food in the house. So here is a picture of my $15 basket from Parke Family HydroFarms.

And here is the basket all spread out so you can see what I got in it. I'll tick off the contents just because you can't really see it all: 3 bib letuces, 3 other lettuces (not sure the kind), 1 chinese cabbage, 4 cucumbers, 5 tomatoes, 3 zuchini, 3 yellow squash, 3 peppers, quart of strawberries, quart of spinach, quart of peas, bunch of carrots, bunch of white radish, and 2 containers of herbs (parsley and I don't know)

See how much that is. I have managed to use most of it so far. But I am still wondering what to do with those white radishes??


This is just a picture of Stella on the neighbors trampoline. It was causing major static in her hair. I just thought it was cute.

3 comments:

Karlise said...

I don't care for radishes myself but I think you just need to give them a good scrub and chop or slice them up to eat in a salad.

Kandee said...

Yeah, I keep saying I'm going to join the veggie thing too, but haven't brought myself to do it. Love the hair photo...that could be on a greeting card or something.

Scarlett said...

I'm so glad I inspired you!!! You really do get a lot for your money at Parke Hydrofarm, especially considering it's all organic. And I love knowing exactly where my food is coming from. We don't have too much trouble getting through it all. Was the second herb dill? That's what we got - parsley and dill. I was so excited, because I love dill. I use it with fish or in dips and dressings. I'm not sure what to do with the radishes... I haven't gotten those yet. I'll ask my mom - she's a farm girl - she might know what to do with them.