Monday, December 3, 2007

new things everyday

I do learn something new everyday. Ta Da! I now have music for you to listen to whilst reading my fabulous blog!!! LOL I will have to add more songs and change them for the seasons and/or moods.

The house is starting to look like the holidays are coming. I'm a little behind this year. Actually I'm right on track with all previous years of being the last to decorate. oh well! We have a tree up but not decorated yet. It's fake! I am tired of spending $100 for a tree that will die in 3 weeks and won't even be green on THE day. I mean really. So we got a fake, which is great for Hunter's and Andrew's allergies.

I'm pretty sure we are done X-mas shopping! whew! Now for the cards to be made out and mailed. And wrapping the gifts and keeping it all hidden.

Oh I almost forgot. I painted the front door finally and it looks great. BUT, Andrew thought it would be a good idea to replace the threshold that was sorta rotting and needed replacing. Which it would have been if it were not for the fact that in this house, NOTHING is that simple, nothing!!! Turns out the door frame is rotting at the bottom too. It had never been painted apparently. Paint protects wood from the water. WOOD + NO PAINT + WATER = ROTTEN WOOD. Thank goodness my dad is a skilled carpenter!! He's going to mill us a new door frame out of PT wood (pressure treated= more weather resistant) and come down and install it for us! I do wish we had the know how and tools to not have to rely on someone else. Anyways, so now the door is painted but not the frame because I'm waiting for the new piece that is not rotten.

5 comments:

Holly said...

HEY! I was trying to figure out how to put music on my blog the other day. Now it's going to look like I copied the smart kid!!! LOL

Holly said...

HEY! I was trying to figure out how to put music on my blog the other day. Now it's going to look like I copied the smart kid!!! LOL

Holly said...

HEY! I was trying to figure out how to put music on my blog the other day. Now it's going to look like I copied the smart kid!!! LOL

Holly said...

Geesh, sorry about that!

jennifer said...

Love the music. Can I use your idea on my blog? pretty please.