Friday, December 14, 2007

Christmas lights

I love to drive around and look at Christmas lights. Do you? I like to see how creative and festive other people are. One of my friends says that her neighbor rents a lift thingy to get his lights up in his trees and up to the top of his tall palm trees. I think that's a bit much, but it does look really nice. But there's no way I would do all that!!!

I've been secretly wrapping gifts while Stella naps during the day. I have just under half of them wrapped. I'm a slow wrapper. Plus, this year I want them to actually look good. In previous years I just didn't care about presentation. I mean they are just doing the 'grab and rip', right?

So this year I'm being a copy cat. I am going to make really pretty and big gift tags for all of Santa's gifts (That equals one gift to each kids so I'll be making 3 tags) I want to make them all super fancy and special and magical. Maybe it's something they will remember and do for their kids. I also want to do the secret elf thing (You know where the elf watches and if they are good they get a couple of pre-Christmas gifts in the weeks before that are just small but helps them to remember to be good) but funds were really tight this year. And funds will probably be that way for at least 2 more Christmases (I'll be a full time student= poor family) So for now I'll do fancy tags.
Really, it just makes me feel like I'm making Christmas a little more magical for them. Of course, they will grow up thinking that their crazy mom thought it was cool to make those dumb giant tags that she thought made us think it was really Santa bringing the presents when we have known since we were 7 that it was just her and dad.......

Did you follow that?


Nope.... Me neither!

Check out my Meez... and duck!!!!

No comments: