Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Finals

Finals are this coming week. I'm looking forward to having it over with and being able to enjoy the holidays. I'm so anal about my classes that I have sat down and figured out what the lowest grade is that I can receive on the finals to still get an A in the class. In the lecture portion I have to get at least an 80% and in the lab a 67% or higher will do it. Send good grade vibes my way, please!!!

I am signed up to take 2 classes for the spring semester. I will tackle Human Nutrition and Sociology. Sounds like fun to me too!! J/K!

I have started to check out daycares in the area to prepare for me going to school full time next fall (August). I have not been too impressed so far. The only place that I like doesn't open early enough for me to get to school on time some mornings (some days classes start at 8 and other days at 9). My mom suggested that I put Stella in the daycare at the college but then on days I need to study and don't have school I'm outta luck unless I want to pay someone over and above daycare cost. I don't know if that's an option because the going rate for a babysitter is about $10/hr. Maybe a co-op with another mom would be an option. We'll see. I still haven't checked out the center at the college to know if I would even leave her there. I'm so nervous about putting the kids in daycare. I'm so nervous about going to school full time. I'm afraid I won't be able to handle it. People do it all the time. There's no reason I can't. I'm just........stepping into new territory for me. I'm not one of those people that just jumps in to the pool, I wade in slowly.
very slowly....


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know that I am the jumper...and not the wader...but you can do it! It will be hard and it will be new...but you can do anything! Ok, that was beginning to sound like the song from Reading Rainbow on PBS! LOL Take a look...it's in a book.....;)

Melodie said...

Thanks for putting that song in my head, Heather!

Good luck on your finals, Stacy. I'm sure you'll do just fine.

As for the daycare thing, if you're not comfortable with the places you've seen, keep looking. If you are sure Stella is in good hands, you'll worry about her less while you are in school, which will help you to perform better.