Monday, November 5, 2007

School work & glasses

I am very busy with school work and will continue to be busy. Right now I have 2 experiments in the works. First is a fermentation experiment making Kimchee and second is a decomposition experiment. The decomposition experiment is basically letting bread and fruit rot in a dark cool place somewhere in my house. UGH!! Kimchee is a Korean dish of fermented Chinese cabbage and green onion and other spices. I'm not sure if I will be able to eat it knowing that it has just been sitting on my counter for several days to a week. Everything tells to me to just throw it away like I should throw away moldy bread and mushy cucumbers. Know what I mean?
I also just finished boiling red cabbage to make pH paper for the Kimchee. That was neat. Testing all the stuff in the house to see how acidic or alkaline it is.
I also have due next week my two bacterial unknowns. (but that'll be easy since I have the book WITH the answers in the back, he he he) Then after I turn those in there will be only 2 more weeks of work then a week to study for the final. So I'll be done by the second week of December!!!

I think I need to go get lighter glasses. The ones I got are kinda bothering my nose. They leave red marks where the nose pieces sit. Walmart didn't have much else that I liked so I hope I can get the Rx and go somewhere else. Visionworks is running a 2 pair special for $99. Maybe I'll check them out later this week.

1 comment:

Melodie said...

I used to work in the optical business and usually when your glasses hurt your nose, the nose pads are not adjusted properly. Try taking them to Lenscrafters and ask for a free adjustment. If that works, you won't have to go buy another pair of glasses.