Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Christmas Shopping

I haven't even started. I am one of those people who end up getting stuff last minute. I also usually don't have a list. But this year I do have a list. I know exactly what I'm buying the kids and how much it will cost. I have been working on my lists for them for a while to get it down to those things that I think will be hits and/or something they have asked for. Stella of course is the easiest of the three and then its Hunter. Hunter actually doesn't really ask for anything in particular just whatever toy looks cool on the TV. There are things though that I know he will like. Lucas on the other hand asks for a TON of really expensive things, like an iPhone and games that are $50-60 a piece. We are planning on getting him the iPod. We gave him a cheapy mp3 player last year and it started playing the songs at high speed so he thought he was stuck in the land of the chipmunks. So I think he would make use of the iPod enough to choke down the $150 price tag for the smallest one that has a screen. Andrew is definately NO help ... At all. He wants to get *cough* Lucas *cough* the Guitar Heros III with the guitar controller. Uh huh, sure, that's for Lucas. Lucas is like totally into all that like head banger hard rock from the like 80's and like 90's. If you believe that I got some land to sell you in south Florida that's high and dry and really cheap!!LOL

Anyways......... The Christmas tree thing is bothering me too. The frugal part of me, that I inherited from my mother, is having a REALLY hard time spending $100 on a tree that is going to die in 3 weeks. I would rather spend that money on my kids. But I also HATE fake trees. I thought about buying a live tree that we could plant in our yard after we are done with Christmas. Andrew thinks that idea stinks and thinks what is X-mas with no pine tree. ????

Oh well.....

On another note, my good friend Julie has been posting everyday this month, you can check it out here She is doing a great job remembering to post EVERYDAY!!! Way to go Julie!!!!!

No comments: