Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Lucas's first day of Middle School

Luke went to the Boo Hoo breakfast with me but left early with the neighbors grandmother. He asked to ride with them (well, Cole) so I said sure. I could tell he was nervous and I think just being with someone else he knew made it a little better. He said it was awful but I don't think he really thought that. I just think he's so used to saying that that it just comes out. They have a weird schedule, some classes one day and other the next and some classes everyday... very confusing!!! He's taking band. I just wonder what horrible sound I'll be listening to ... Trumpet?? Drums?? Flute?? who knows...
His mother finally called at 6:30 last night to find out about his day. At least she called him this year, last year he had to call her on the second day of school.
His mom also keeps telling him she will open a savings account for him, but it hasn't happened yet. She also didn't get him anything for his birthday. He got stuff but it was from his aunts and uncles and grandparents (all 3 sets) and my auntie Cindi and us, but nothing from her. Too sad for him.
I think it's interesting that one of the papers he brought home yesterday had a place for the students to fill out mom and dad, and Lucas filled in Andrew's name and my name, I don't know if that means anything or if he was just putting down who he lives with ...???
I hope that she will keep in touch with him now. Since school has started she will only see him 4 days a month. He notices when she doesn't call and it makes him sad but he won't say that, I can just tell.

No comments: