Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Hunter's first day of Kindergarten

Well, yesterday was his first day of Kindergarten. The school has what they call a "Boohoo Breakfast". They invite all the K parents to the lunchroom to have breakfast with their kids then they call the kids up to the front in group by teacher and sit them down and read them a story. After the story they call the kids out by class and lead them out of the lunchroom to their classrooms, leaving all the parents to boohoo.... alone! I teared up but no tears fell. I thought I would lose it when I got to the car but (thankfully) Stella started fussing and giving me a hard time about leaving so I was able to put my mind on that and not that my big boy just started Kindergarten.
I went and picked him up using the car rider line which was VERY long. He wanted to know what in the world took me so long to pick him up!! He said he didn't have very much fun. He did like art class and he did see his friend Duncan, but that was pretty much all he said.
This morning was NOT fun. He didn't want to go to school. He threw a fit and yelled and I eventually just carried him out to the car and strapped him in. I finally got it out of him that he wanted to stay home to play with Lucas. I had to remind him that Luke would be leaving to go to school, too. He finally calmed down and when we got to school and I dropped him off in the car line he seemed alright. Although today was much harder for me than yesterday because he just got out and walked away....... no wave, no kiss..... nothing! : (
So I hope today is more fun for him. I don't know what special (ie. art, music or PE) they have on what days so i will ask him when I pick him up today to find out what he did. I hope he can tell me more today than yesterday!! I don't want him to not like school, at least not till he's older!!

No comments: