Monday, October 29, 2007

Some Halloween festivities

Here are the kids all dressed up in there costumes ready to go to my friend Heather's party. Hunter is an Ice Wolf Ninja and Stella is Dora the Explorer. (Really, did you think she would be something else??) If you're wondering where Lucas is, he was at his mom's for the weekend.


Here they are at Heather's house at Kolbie's party. There weren't too many people there and the house was pretty much busy being readied for the older kids party that night but Hunter had enough fun that he didn't want to leave, so a good party in my book.This was at Carter Rd Park by our house. It's where we have soccer practice. They had a Haunted hayride and bouncy things set up and carnival type booths and the fire rescue. Food was provided by a local school band booster and they also had 'Trick or treat village" so the kids did get some candy but not too much! We didn't go on the Haunted hayride, I was afraid that it might be too scary for Stella and Hunter, plus it was getting late so we turned in for the night.
We were waiting our turn on a bouncy thing.....
Here is Hunter and our neighbor friend, Duncan, in front of one of the fire trucks with the "jaws of Life" behind them.
and here are the fire rescue team using the "jaws of Life" to 'rescue' a woman from a mangled car. That was neat to watch them open a car up like that. They just peeled it apart like an orange!! Of course, they weren't too rushed because it was just a demo and the woman was fine the whole time. The picture is a little blurry so you can't see them using the Jaws but, they are.
So now we are just waiting for the real night. The kids are looking forward to it and the candy, of course.

I also picked up a few extra shifts at the gym this weekend. I worked Friday night and then Sunday afternoon.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot.... I had been waiting for my midterm grade in my Microbiology class. I was hoping for anything above an 80% but do you want to know what I actually got??? Do Ya, Do Ya???
To my surprise I did amazingly well and got a 94%!!!!!!! I was so shocked to do that well. This class is VERY hard and the class average for the midterm is a 72.18%. So I'm doing very well in comparison. YEAH!!!

1 comment:

Melodie said...

Wow, Stacy! Congrats on your mid-term score. Thta's awesome!