Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Dollar Dinner Night Garbage





Last night was dollar dinner night at Hunter's school. They trick you into coming for a cheap dinner but then get you to spend money at the book fair. But in all fairness they did have a slice of pizza and a soda for $1 and afterwards they had a magic show. I didn't get any pictures of the magician (not that you would have seen the magic) but the kids seemed to enjoy it. So we walked into the library where they have the book fair set up and they have all that stuff that is NOT books set up right in front so the kids can see it ALL and BEG for it from their parents who are guilted into buying at least something because ya know that the profits all go back to the school. The teachers also have a wish list so those parents can buy them stuff too!!! How nice, right!! So we managed to get out of there just buying Stella a Dora book and Hunter a book called "Dictionary of Dangerous Creatures". Lucas bought his own slime making thingy (because I would have bought a book, but that's NOT a book to read, so he has to buy it). I had a good time all in all, but Andrew looked as if I was dragging him through burning coals and the nail bed was coming soon!!! LOL. Oh well.


The Garbage part of this post concerns, well, garbage of course, and the fact that the neighbors stupid dog keeps getting out of his yard and perusing the neighborhoods garbage. He does this by knocking over the can and spreading the garbage out over the lawn to properly see ALL the contents. Now my neighbor knows that his dog is doing this and does NOTHING!!!!! I know that I could just put the trash in the garage but I don't have room nor do I want it stinking up my garage. I went out and bought a 'locking' trash can. That did not work. Trash is still all over the yard! Did I tell you I HATE having to pick up the garbage, not once but twice! Once inside the house and again outside. So this past weekend I made Andrew show me how to use the circular saw and I proceeded to build an enclosure for the trash cans. See how nice it looks! There is a chain across the front so the dog can't pull the cans over. All my idea!!


Now the question is, do I take my neighbor the bill for $50+ for the materials that I had to purchase and the $30 trash can I bought to try to keep his dog out but didn't work because he can't keep his dog under control???

1 comment:

Melodie said...

Looks like we have the same trash cans. My garbage men just throw my garbage cans in the road once they've emptied them, so we tend to go through quite a few of them. So far, these have held up the best for us.