Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Do they know people are waiting...

Ah hem... do they know?? I have several friends who just seem to not like to update their blog too often. I click on the link and there it is the same old same old that's been there for what seems like MONTHS!! I'm waiting for something new and interesting to read about.


On a totally separate note, I went to talk to the program director of the college program that I want to enter next fall. My biggest concern was getting into the program and how competitive is it really. Well they only accept 12 students a year and last year they had 59 applicants. So that works out to be the top 20% or so. They base admission solely on GPA of the prerequisite courses and so far I have a 4.0 in those courses and I only have the one course I'm currently taking to add to that GPA. So I figure that even if I get as low as a B, I would still have a 3.83. She said the range of GPA's that were accepted this past fall was from 3.5 to 4.0 and there was only one 4.0. So the way i see it I'm pretty much in!!! My other concern was pay scale of a Dental Hygienist when they first get out of school. She said that this past summer she heard from her students and the lowest was $25/hr and the highest was $32/hr. So that would be a significant increase in our yearly income even if I only work part time. I mean at $28/hr (which is mid range) and working 32 hours a week (4 days) I would make about $46,000 a year, not bad for a part time gig I think! I'm excited about the prospect of it. But it does seem a long way a way........ Oh and paying for school will be a whole other issue. The majority of the cost are NOT tuition which I thought it was and was hoping it was because I have that part covered by the Fl Prepaid. I guess we will have to do student loans but I don't know if I can get enough to cover the cost at school and daycare for the kids. UGH, I'm so stressed about it. Ahhhhhhhhhhhh!

No comments: