Wednesday, May 23, 2007

On to Kindergarten


Last night my little boy graduated!! From preschool that is. He was so cute walking across the stage and getting his 'diploma' and his bible. I am so surprised that I didn't shed even one tear. I think it was because my husband had to work and I was getting both kids ready and dinner and cleaned up and dressed and in the car on time (sort of) to get to the school so they could get him dressed into the cap and gown. Stella behaved for the most part. On the video we can hear her just babbling away and she keeps tugging on me so the video is REALLY wiggly. Then after the classes sang their songs and they did the whole walking across the stage one by one we went and had cookies and cake. Then we went, for the last time, to his classroom to pick up any last minute things and his teacher, Ms. Leslie, had made all her students cards with pictures and a little blurb about them. They were really nice, like little scrapbooking pages.


Now the next step is on to Kindergarten. Hunter will be in kindergarten and Lucas is going to middle school. I'm kinda bummed that they won't go to school together at least one year. Oh well!

I'm also still kinda shocked that Lucas's mom hasn't asked to have him move back to her house. She had said at one point that she was GOING to get him back and that she only let him move in with us because she was SURE that it was going to fail and he would be begging to leave here. Boy was she wrong, I think he actually likes it here. Anyway, that situation has been on my mind, things change so quickly that I wonder if it will be that way by the end of the summer. I like to plan things and having a Ex involved seems to screw that up more frequently than I would like.

No comments: