Friday, May 11, 2007

My Dad is coming



My dad is coming to stay with us tonight and tomorrow night because is a vendor at the Mayfair Art Show. For anyone who has lived in Lakeland they would know that it is the biggest art fair in the area. My dad and stepmom, Jeanie, will be here later tonight after they set-up their tent down by the lake. When Hunter found out that they were not going to be here in the morning so that grampa could play with him he was very upset. "HUMPF... Then I don't want him to come at all!" he says making the grumpy/mad face and pouting. It's hard not to laugh when you know that he is genuinely upset by the fact that Grampa isn't coming to play but to work instead. My dad is so good with the kids. It honestly surprises me how good he is. I just never really saw him in that light before now. Maybe it's because he was hurt and can no longer do what he used to do physically. Whatever the reason, I love how he is with them. The picture is of my dad and Hunter and Stella when Stella was about 4 days old. I tried to find a more recent picture but I don't seem to have any. I'll have to change that when he is here this weekend.

No comments: