Friday, August 22, 2008

First days of schools

Ok. I know that sounds funny. But lots of us here in the house started school this week. Me included.

Lets start with...... Lucas.
He has 8 classes, but only goes to seven each day. the schedule is less confusing this year than last year when he also had eight classes but only went to 6 each day. So far no huge complaints, and no homework has been assigned...yet. So far so good!

Ok, now for Hunter.... Ummm lets see, where to begin? Should we start with the crying or the crying? The crying that he doesn't want to go or the crying that he wants to stay with me. Maybe we should start with how I have to shove him on the bus while the bus driver closes the door and I have to squeeze my arm back out of the door. (Sort of the way you quick close the door of an over-stuffed closet so the stuff doesn't fall out) Or how about on the first day of school when the teacher had to pull him off of me and practically drag him away.

Do you want to know the kicker.... do you? The kicker is that he comes home and tells me that he had a good day. There is no torturing or finger-nail pulling. No force feeding of worms. Not even getting a yellow (which is the first warning). Nothing significant happens that would cause the above to be the expected reaction. Nothing!

Ok, so me. I started school too! I had a good first day! the whole day was spent in my Radiology class. We learned how to take bitewing x-rays (aka BWX). We didn't actually do any because we don't have out dosimeters yet but we will next Thursday. A dosimeter measures the amount of radiation we are getting exposed to. (less is better in this case) I'm totally excited about next week. I happen to think that I'm one of the smarter ones (or at least I think I will have to study less than some others, I hope) Not to pat myself on the back or anything, but it remains to be seen, I'll let you know how I feel about that in a few months. Just remind me to post about that.

I have 8 classes in total, 4 lectures and 4 labs. It's a very busy schedule.

I think I can I think I can I think I can I think I can.....

Oh yeah, no pictures because, remember that my camera is broke. I did borrow a camera but I don't have the cord to transfer the pics from it to my computer.

6 comments:

Working Mama said...

What about Stella??? Is she in preschool??? I'm sorry Hunter is having such a hard time in the mornings...it makes it SO much harder for the Moms when that's how you start the day. I'm glad he's coming home happy though - hopefully it'll wear off???? I'll keep my fingers crossed. Sounds like you are off & running too - good for you! Do you have another 1-1/2 years or is it less than that?? For some reason that number stuck in my head. You'll do great!

Stacy said...

Stella is home with a sitter and the program is five semesters, so I'll be done in April of 2010. Thanks for the well wishes!!

Melodie said...

Does that mean you can clean my teeth for me next April? Can I make an appointment now?

Working Mama said...

2010 sounds far away but it will go fast - it is amazing, especially when you are busy (& man, you are busy!)! Keep us posted on how your BWX training goes! That's really exciting! That's great that you found someone to be home with Stella!

Anonymous said...

Good luck with school Stacy! I have no doubt you'll be successful!

jennifer said...

I am way excited for you Stacy. You will be a great student!