Sunday, May 11, 2008

The trip: take 2

On the day after the wedding, my mom took us over to Elk Park to have a picnic and walk the trail. The trail follows the river to the 30 foot waterfall. After that I don't know where it goes, we didn't make it any farther. It was beautiful and the hike there was just difficult enough to have to help the kids through parts of it. This picture is the top of the waterfall.

Here is the waterfall from the rocks around the pool at the bottom.


I asked my mom and Norman to sit up on the rock with the kids for a picture. I don't know if my mom was giving Hunter a wedgie or 'helping' him up? What do you think?


This is the after the wedgie, oh, ah, I mean 'helping' him up, picture....


There were butterflies all over the place and for some reason they gather in groups, or are they called flocks, on the sand. There must be something in the sand that they like. They were just watching them flutter on the sand. That yellow line on my mom's lower back is a yellow and black butterfly going to meet up with his buddies on the sand.


She'll huff and puff and blow that dandelion down. They were everywhere. White puffs everywhere you turned.

My auntie Cindi was helping Hunter to make a 'boat' to float down the river and over the falls. It didn't work too well. The leaves weren't firm enough here at the park. Earlier in the day we had floated 'boats' down the river that is nearer to my mom's place. The 'boats' consisted of large leaves with some flowers on top tied together with long pieces of grass.


The butterflies were really everywhere. This one eventually landed on my hand.


See! That's my hand with a butterfly on it.

The butterflies in their crazy meeting on the sand. This is what they were looking at in the earlier picture. You could just reach down and pick them up, they would then fly away, but you could just pick it up again. It was kinda weird.



These next set of pictures are what happens when you let your kids use the camera. Thankfully I only posted the face shots. Well, because all the others are picture of..... well, pictures of all the stuff at their eye level. Yes, I have a bunch of crotch shots from my kids using the camera. Just be glad I didn't post those, okay. Enjoy! (Oh, and that first picture is of my new brother-in-law)





1 comment:

Melodie said...

You should do an all crotch-shot blog post!